1. It takes longer to figure anything out than they say it will.
2. You will never actually feel your age (or rather, what you think your age should feel like).
3. I actually like a center part when my hair is long.
4. Life happens. It doesn't happen the right way or the wrong way. It just happens, and you go from there.
5. It's not so much the busy-ness of cities that appeals to me, but the un-stuck-ness of them. I care less about being busy and more about being flexible.
6. I can finish writing a book. Whether or not I can finish revising remains to be seen.
7. I lost my voice. I think I'm finding it again. But fear can creep into places where you were certain you were certain. I'm going to try to be braver and more disciplined instead of louder and apathetic.
8. You can't relive a single, solitary second, so you better pay attention the first time. (I have to relearn this every year, which is dumb.)